Headquarters Forums Mens Stories Mr. Resiliant

• Mr. Resiliant

Posted by cade on June 17, 2024 at 9:42 pm

Life has a way of coming full circle, sometimes in the most heartbreaking ways. I never thought I would be  typing this, maybe it will help some poor sap like me. So here I am, sharing this dark story. If it helps you, let me know.

I married my high school sweetheart, the love of my life. We had a whirlwind romance, one that seemed destined to last forever. But life isn’t always that simple. She left me once before, for another boy, only to return to me later. Naively, I believed in second chances. We had two beautiful children, and I thought we were building a life together.

With dreams of providing the best for my family, I opened a plumbing store. The demands were immense—fifteen hours a day, seven days a week. I ran myself ragged, becoming grumpy and, eventually, severely ill. My health deteriorated. During this period of vulnerability, the unthinkable happened. She left me again, this time for good. She even got a protection order against me when I was at my lowest—sick, broke, and suffering.

Now, at 49, I find myself trying to piece together the fragments of my life. The betrayal cuts deep, but the love for my children keeps me going. Resilience has become my middle name. Despite the hardships, I am determined to rebuild my life from the ground up. If my story can serve as a beacon of hope or a cautionary tale for anyone facing similar struggles, then sharing it will have been worth it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. Remember, even in our darkest moments, we can find the strength to rise again.

Resiliant Dad

cade replied 4 months, 1 week ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.